Couch-Chella | Where Have You Been?

Hi lovelies. Happy holidays! So, this post is in response to my 10+ unanswered emails (I love you guys!)  So, after my last post w...

Hi lovelies.
Happy holidays!
So, this post is in response to my 10+ unanswered emails (I love you guys!)



 So, after my last post went live (if you haven't read it, please do - Here), I was admitted in the hospital in preparation for my Thyroidectomy. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism ( and boy was it toxic) in 2011 and I've been on meds since then - to 'lower' the level of hormones my thyroid gland was secreting.
I had all the symptoms you could ever think of, Heart Palpitations, tremors, insomnia...


Rewind...

April 11th 
The Doctor checked my results from my 100th thyroid function test -literally! He thought the levels were good enough to proceed with the surgery...


April 12th
Happy birthday, Daddy!
I had my Thyroidectomy (I think it's pretty remarkable that I had the surgery on the day my dad was supposed to turn 55).
It actually went well, which is absolutely not surprising because, God's Got me.
There were no complications, I came out of anaesthesia very well (though my mother has recordings of my ramblings lol). I ended up having a sub-total Thyroidectomy (which means I may or may not have to be on medications for life).

Fast Forward..

April  17th
I'm still on admission, getting better with no pains whatsoever, super relived that they took my IVs out, and my stitches come out on Wednesday (Yipee!!). hopefully, I'm home (on my bed) on Thursday, God's willing!



How has your weekend been? Plus I heard Diplo is/was in Lagos, who made it to Gidi Fest? - I might need a breakdown on how it went...



Thank you so much for the love, it's surreal!

Hope your day is as amazing as you are!



Let's Connect, Please? Instagram | Twitter 

"How precious are your thoughts towards me, O God! How vast in number they are!"
- Psalm 139:17


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I knew something was up darling. Please get better, love u

    ReplyDelete

Want to know how happy your comments make me?
Leave one x