Is Dark Skin Supposed To Be Ugly?

"You're really pretty for a dark skinned girl"  Firstly, 'that' does not in any way fit as a compliment! Hi...

"You're really pretty for a dark skinned girl" 
Firstly, 'that' does not in any way fit as a compliment!


Hi lovelies, 
So, I finally made my first official outing since my surgery and honestly it did feel good.

I was making my usual rounds at the Mall - checking if Mango finally has a Jean my size (that's a story for another day). This young man stopped me and heaven knows he is was handsome.
The first thing this fellow told me was that, I was too pretty for a dark skinned girl. I mean, no one will crucify you for registering your admiration for a dark skinned lady, but that string of words is, and would not be appealing.

My question is this, Is Dark Skin supposed to be ugly? The funny thing is I receive this compliments way too often from Fellow Nigerians. I mean , it's hard to accept such a compliment. It's all shades of rude, disrespectful and a back handed compliment.

The sad thing is that these people think they're saying something really sweet. People need to learn how to give a compliment or simply back off.

Have you received any offensive compliments before? Do let me know in the comments.


Thanks for reading xo
You're beautiful.
Love Always,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Want to know how happy your comments make me?
Leave one x